tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.29 using more and more RAM until it collapses?
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2010 19:11:43 GMT
Pid wrote:
> On 14/11/2010 17:37, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>> I'll third it.
>>> May I even additionally suggest, if it does not exist already, a separate
>>> section for "diagnostics" in the WiKi ?
>>> Maybe organised into one article per tool, and then separate articles à la
>>> "How do I diagnose memory leaks", "How do I check how much memory my
>>> application uses" and "How do I do something about it ?" etc..
>> I thought about creating a "Troubleshooting" section in the wiki,
>> (or maybe call it "Troubleshooting and Diagnostics" now),
>> and collect there pages with various recipes where to look for
>> information and what to do to.
>> Stating with where to look for TC version, and where the TC logs are,
>> and what to do with hung threads (->dumps), etc.
>> Another approach could be to reorganize the list in
>> into several sections (to make it more readable), and add HowTo/xxx
>> pages from there.
> Here's a start:
For the "using JMX clients" page, may I recommend :
which for Java ignorami of my level, is a useful tool to do nifty things in a scripting
(non-graphic) mode.
I use it only for really simple things, but I have the feeling it can used for much more,

such as the recurrent "take n threads dumps at regular intervals" kind of thing.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message