tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: setenv.sh in an individual tomcat catalina base
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:55:42 GMT
Hi.

As I recall, you are using a packaged version of Tomcat (meaning not the original one from

the tomcat website download, but one already packaged by the people who do such things for

your OS version).

You should then look carefully at what scripts are used to start/stop Tomcat on your
particular system (starting with /etc/init.d/tomcat e.g.), what they invoke and when, to
determine what you can put into CATALINA_HOME/x and CATALINA_BASE/y.
For example, these packages often use a file /etc/default/tomcat that sets some
environment values, which are later used to determine what other scripts do.

What Konstantin indicates below is based on the standard catalina.sh as provided in the
standard Tomcat download, but there is no guarantee that this script has not been modified

(or is even used) in your particular package.