tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JSP Precompilation and Servlet 3.0
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 20:10:47 GMT
While I like the idea of using web-fragment.xml for precompiled jsp's -
it would require the "meta-data complete" flag to be set to false which
may as a side effect allow other artifacts to be loaded too.

Hopefully jsp-precompile is part of the webapp build/deploy process so a
developer can ignore it during development. But an admin (or release
manager) can ensure that all jsps do compile before release is deployed.

Setting up jsp-precompilation is a PITA the first time or 2 but once you
get the hang of it, the precompilation step can be part of a standard
snippet which can be pulled in via ant import.  (For those of us who
love ant)

-Tim