tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Is there a GOOD AJP-based cluster reference?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:51:17 GMT
On 04.11.2010 21:24, Mark Eggers wrote:
> Interesting.
>
> I'll have to try something similar for my situation.
>
> What I'm trying to do is a bit of the reverse. I want
> hostname:80/tomcat-host/manager to end up at (tomcat-host) /manager for four
> different tomcat hosts. The forward stuff works fine, but the URLs coming back
> all drop the tomcat-host part.
>
> I guess reading some more documentation is in order.

Some things are collected at

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/proxy.html#URL%20Rewriting

Don't overlook the pointers for mod_proxy_html, mod_substitute and mod_sed.

Most of the steps are simplified by mod_proxy using ProxyPass,
ProxyPassReverse and ProxyPassReverseCookiePath, all documented at

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html

If the response content contains URLs to fix and you can't get them
fixed on the webapp side, then mod_substitue, mod_proxy_html or mod_sed
can help changing the content on the fly. Of course this can get tedious
if the links in the content are hard to find (and also needs some CPU
resources).

Regards,

Rainer