tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kailash Kothari <kailash.koth...@autonomy.com>
Subject Http Coyote connector
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:53:45 GMT
Hi,

Im using Tomcat 6.0.x (bundled within JBoss)

I understand that the Http Coyote connector that binds port 8080 on the
OS is started right at the end in the tomcat startup process after all
webapps have been deployed.

This is a problem for us because we have one webapp that is deployed
first and then a second webapp that needs to talk to the first webapp in
a startup servlet.

Since the http connector hasn't been started, the webapps cant talk to
each other until the server has started up completely.

Is there a design reason that the http connector is started at the end
of boot up rather than earlier?

I tweaked the source code to start this up earlier and have everything
working as I need, but could this have any side effects?

Thanks,
Kailash.