tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Dispatching request from Servlet to Portlet
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 07:04:52 GMT
On 03/11/2010 06:53, sachin_nabble wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am new to servlets & portlets and  I need to set Session timeout at
> Application level,

OK.  Which docs have you read so far?

> in portlet somehow i am unable to set session time for Application,( Portlet
> level session available in Portlet thr RenderRequest object) so i am
> planning to set Application level Session timeout by using Servlet.
>  If i set Session Timeout in Servlet and then forward the request to portlet
> will this session timeout value will control application timeout ? or i need
> to use include() instead of forward() ?

If you can access the HttpSession object then you can set the session
timeout.  It doesn't matter whether you do this in a listener or in an
request, or how you then forward or include the response.

I can't comment as to whether the portlet then depends on this value or
sets its own.