tomcat-users mailing list archives

From odeneho <>
Subject Service Temporary Unavailable! and IIS6 & Tomcat 6.0 Connector (isapi_redirect)
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:36:09 GMT

My website has crashed again and coming up with the following error when the
website and jakarta virtual directories are set up to use the same
application pool:
Service Temporary Unavailable!
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.31 (1026297)

isapi_redirect.log is no longer logging anymore and when I try to change the
application pool for jakarta virtual directory in IIS, I get the following
error message;
Re: HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied - IIS6 & Tomcat 6.0

My and are configured as follows
respectively: - IIS
# An entry that lists all the workers defined
workers.tomcat_home=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0
#workers.java_home=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_22
#workers.java_home=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
 workers.java_home=C:\Program Files\Java\jrockit-R28.0.1-jre1.6.0_20
# Entries that define the host and port associated with these workers
worker.worker1.socket_timeout=120 - IIS
#This file provides sample mappings for example wlb
#worker defined in
#The general syntax fro this file is:
#[URL]=[worker name]

# Use web server error page for all errors
# Use web server error page only for technical errors

System Environment:
Windows 2003 Server
Tomcat 6.0
IIS 6.0
isapi_redirector 1.2.31

Can somebody please, tell me why my application works for a while and
crashes using the above settings?
Any help will be appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: