tomcat-users mailing list archives

From icarrara <icarr...@studio5.it>
Subject Tomcat as Windows service - I can't set more than 768 Mb of memory
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 21:34:08 GMT

I manually installed Tomcat 6.0.29 on Windows Server 2003 R2 and all was
fine.

Then I use the "service install Alfresco" command to install Tomcat as
Windows service.

Using the "tomcat6w //ES//Alfresco" command I'll set up the
"-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" in the Java Options and 1024 in the Initial and
Maximum memory pool ... The problem is that I can't set more than 768 Mb of
memory because with values great than 768 the service don't starts.

I get the error "Could not reserve enough space for object heap".  I'm using
JDK 1.6.0_22u and the machine have 4 Gbyte of phisical RAM...

Please, could you help me ?

Thank you in advance!

Ivano