tomcat-users mailing list archives

From greenstar <jnorri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CometConnectionManagerValve in Tomcat 7:
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 18:15:18 GMT

markt-2 wrote:

> On 05/11/2010 12:34, greenstar wrote:
>>
>> In Tomcat 7, is the comet valve
>> (org.apache.catalina.valves.CometConnectionManagerValve) required for
>> "native" comet implementations (ie:
>> org.apache.catalina.comet.CometProcessor), or servlet 3.0 comet
>> implementations (ie: request.startAsync(), etc), or both?
>
> There is no such thing as Servlet 3.0 comet.
>
> The comet async implementation and the Servlet 3.0 async implementation
> are completely separate.

... therefore, CometConnectionManagerValve is completely unrelated to the
Servlet 3.0 async implementation and not required.  Thanks for clearing this
up.

btw, I was using the term "comet" as an umbrella term for all async methods
(as is the usage here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_(programming)).

-Jeremy