tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amol Puglia <amolcpug...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Going down Frequently
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:34:02 GMT
Hello Pid,

Thanks for the updates.It would be great if you could let us know whether the issue is in
application server or application.

Also we are using apache to load balance tomcat instances using following modules.

LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule proxy_scgi_module modules/mod_proxy_scgi.so
LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so
LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so

Is there anything we have to tune configuration on apache,tomcat or application,please suggest.

--- On Mon, 11/15/10, Pid <pid@pidster.com> wrote:

From: Pid <pid@pidster.com>
Subject: Re: Tomcat Going down Frequently
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Monday, November 15, 2010, 10:04 PM

On 15/11/2010 11:03, Amol Puglia wrote:
>         at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.getAttributeNames(StandardSessionFacade.java:120)
>         at com.ericsson.mars.jspbean.LoginBean.logout(LoginBean.java:2366)
>         at com.ericsson.mars.jspbean.LoginBean.valueUnbound(LoginBean.java:2450)

The problem is in your HttpSessionBindingListener LoginBean, it appears
to be operating on the session object after the session has been
invalidated.

I don't know whether this could take Tomcat down, unless you've
included* a System.exit call in a catch - which seems to be popular
again all of a sudden.

* which is A Really Bad Idea.