tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Karthik Nanjangude <karthik.nanjang...@xius-bcgi.com>
Subject WEB Application need to upload a txt / csv file with 100K records
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:41:59 GMT

Hi

SPEC :

JDK1.5
WEB SERVER : TOMCAT 5.0.20
O/s  Linux - Unix
DB Oracle 10gAS + PLSQL

Logged Session Time

An module of our WEB Application need to upload a  txt / csv  file with  100K records.
These Records are to be validated with certain checks in the Business layer..Before the pumped
to a PLSQL of Oracle DB
The process has to further Waite for the response of Errors from PLSQL and has to be displayed
on the JSP Screen.

Question  :  I fear the  Login session time out may NOT commit the Process for 100K records.

Can some body suggest me a better way of handling the same successfully .....:(

with regards

N.S.Karthik