tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: Connection Leak
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 16:02:52 GMT
Maybe try adding this, too as an attribute in the Resource tag.

timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="-1"

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Britton [mailto:jbritton31@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 9:05 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Connection Leak

Since you're using an Oracle database - another way to identify areas in your code that aren't
closing connections.  In the sql below substitute YOURDBUSER with the name of the database
user your connections connect to your database with and YOURWEBSERVER with the name of your
webserver.  The results of the sql query will give you the last executed sql for each of the
open connections.  Then search your code for where this sql is being executed and double check
you are closing the connection appropriately.

SELECT username, machine, oc.sql_text, COUNT(*) open_statements FROM v$session vs, v$open_cursor
oc WHERE username = 'YOURDBUSER' AND machine = 'YOURWEBSERVER' AND oc.sid = vs.sid GROUP BY
username, machine, oc.sql_text ORDER BY open_statements DESC