tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Sauts" <patrick.via...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Shutting down one instance of tomcat 6 from a listener
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:58:09 GMT
Of course ... Sorry to bother ... I was catching the exceptions in order to log properly but
I was doing System.exit(1)

I'll resend the exception.
Thx a lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
Sent: lundi 15 novembre 2010 12:44
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Shutting down one instance of tomcat 6 from a listener

On 15/11/2010 09:37, Patrick Sauts wrote:
> So, how to shut down properly the current application from a 'listener' leaving the other
webapps deployed into Tomcat to continue their business?

It depends on what the problem actually is, and when it occurs.

If you do all of your initialisation in a ServletContextListener and throw an exception on
fail, then the context won't start up.

This is not the same as shutting it down after a certain period of time and after a fault
condition occurs.

Where is the code which is going to shut down the application?
Presumably outside of the application itself?