tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Maximilian Stocker <...@talentoyster.com>
Subject RE: SSL/TLS, Tomcat 6.0.29 and Chrome: The connection had to be retried using SSL 3.0.
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:29:50 GMT
Wrong reply. The second reply is from a Google employee and there links there to another thread
on the subject.

If you are only having this problem with chrome then it may well be related to this. Clearing
the cache etc won't help if the clients connections are being proxied, maybe.

If you are having problems with other browsers then just ignore this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert La Ferla [mailto:robert.laferla@o-ms.com]
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 1:25 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: SSL/TLS, Tomcat 6.0.29 and Chrome: The connection had to be retried using SSL
3.0.

  On 10/15/2010 1:12 PM, Maximilian Stocker wrote:
> There are some issues with Chrome regarding SSL, essentially Chrome is more restrictive
than other browsers and will get upset with proxied connections etc.

> For example http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=6cbb881fc85406f4&hl=en
>
> Especially see reply #2 there. Are you sure that your problem isn't related to that?

I did clear all my Chrome settings and restarted Chrome.  I am using
Chrome 6.0.472.63 on Windows XP.  Unless I'm looking at the wrong reply?

--
- --
Robert La Ferla

This message (and any attachments) contains confidential information and is protected by law.
 If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action based on this message,
is strictly prohibited.