tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <>
Subject Tomcat 6.0.29 - Windows Service - JMX
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:11:18 GMT

Adding JMX to Tomcat 6.0.29 and starting with the startup.bat will add a Tomcat icon and show
the process ID, under the Local connection, when launching jvisualvm.exe

Adding JMX to Tomcat via the tomcat6w.exe doesn't display the Tomcat icon or the process id
in jvisualvm.exe, and I have to add the JXM connection myself.

What is the difference?  How do I configure the tomcat6w.exe to show the icon and process
id in jvisualvm.exe?

Java tab in tomcat6w.exe

Leo Donahue