tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Lewis <darryl.le...@unsw.edu.au>
Subject Re: running tomcat6 under a different user than root (debian)
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:03:49 GMT
No one should, but I had a supplier recommend to run their application as root. All their scripts
and configuration instructions were for running as root.
Needless to say I didn't run it as that and rewrote their installation scripts.
Now I have to try and convince them that storing the database connection username and passwords
in plaintext are a bad idea...

On 29/10/10 9:42 PM, "Konstantin Kolinko" <knst.kolinko@gmail.com> wrote:

2010/10/29 Christoph Kukulies <kuku@kukulies.org>:
> How can I run tomcat under a different user than root (debian e.g.)?

How do you run it now?  Nobody should run Tomcat as root.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko