tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Janner" <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Disable class monitoring for reloading container classes
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:25:31 GMT
I really think all times should be stored Zulu Standard Time, and then converted only for display
purposes.
This does make the conversion process more complicated, as the system has to have all timezone/dst
tables for "Forever" to properly display the time to the user for that particular point in
time to whatever the user's TZ was at that time.  All comparatives are done on raw standardized
data.  (Yes, you don't have to do GMT for your base, but you might as well.)