tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we use Tomcat web server?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:19:01 GMT
2010/10/26 Chandra Shekar Bairi <chandra.bairi@gmail.com>:
> Hi Borut,
> Nothing though. But my company is not sure if we can use this for
> free. They are assuming that we should purchase the tomcat web server.
> Hence I want to get this clarified.

heh, there are still people thinking that really free software cannot exist :-D
The only thing you can't do with Tomcat is modifying it (or simply
repackaging it) and not saying that the product is based on Tomcat.
Anyway, if you want to make a *donation* to Apache, I guess it's a
great thing to do, just a way to say "thank you" to all developers
around the world developing this masterpiece.

Ciao
Antonio