tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Ryder" <sry...@jsrsys.com>
Subject Tomcat5.5: java.io.FilePermission access denied
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:20:45 GMT
Tomcat5.5: java.io.FilePermission access denied:
When I added the code on 02-08 it fixed the SocketPermission and
PropertyPermission exceptions for my servlets.  What am  I doing wrong that
I now get FilePermission exceptions.
I have changed Linux permissions for Data to 377.  Still get error.
But I have in policy.d/04webapps.policy file:
// ========== WEB APPLICATION PERMISSIONS
=====================================
// These permissions are granted by default to all web applications
// In addition, a web application will be given a read FilePermission
// and JndiPermission for all files and directories in its document root.
grant {
    // Added by JSR 2010-09-13
 permission java.io.FilePermission "*", "read,write";
   // Added by JSR 2010-02-08:
 permission java.util.PropertyPermission "*", "read,write";
    permission java.net.SocketPermission    "*", "connect,resolve";

Exception report:
Sep 30, 2010 12:05:46 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve
invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
/home/sryder/app.rsoa.org/ROOT/Data/2010-09-30-at-1205.csv write)
 at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:264)
 at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:427)
 at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
 at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkWrite(SecurityManager.java:962)
 at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:169)
 at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:70)
 at com.jsrsys.web.JsrLineOut.open(JsrLineOut.java:73)
 at com.jsrsys.web.JsrLineOut.setName(JsrLineOut.java:118)
 at org.apache.jsp.AbstractCsv_jsp._jspService(AbstractCsv_jsp.java:359)