tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Late start of context
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:46:16 GMT
> From: Pedro Rodrigo Cardiel [mailto:prodrig@unizar.es]
> Subject: Late start of context

> I need that when tomcat starts, some applications may not
> start until after a certain time (delay).

What do you expect to happen when requests arrive for the non-started webapp during the delay
period?

Generally, any synchronization with external events that the webapp may require is entirely
the responsibility of the webapp.  You can possibly achieve what you want with some external
script that interfaces with the Tomcat manager app (text, not GUI, version) to start and stop
a webapp.

 - Chuck