tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to start a daemon without getting the warning?
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:03:45 GMT
> From: Leon Rosenberg [mailto:rosenberg.leon@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: How to start a daemon without getting the warning?

> But I can't detect any obvious Thread.getContextClassLoader()
> calls in the code below:

The problem isn't associated with calling the above method, it's actually that the webapp's
classloader has been associated with your thread.  If you reset the contextClassLoader for
your thread, that /might/ avoid the memory leak when the webapp is stopped.  However, if the
thread retains any references to other webapp-related classes, you still have the leak.  Best
to manage your threads properly - which is a good bit trickier in a container environment
than in a stand-alone program.

 - Chuck