tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat memory leak error launching web app in NetBeans 6.9.1
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 14:52:32 GMT
> From: Martin O'Shea [mailto:appy74@dsl.pipex.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat memory leak error launching web app in NetBeans 6.9.1

> When the application is terminated, e.g. when the server
> is stopped, appropriate messages are issued to confirm
> that the scheduler has stopped.

What about when it's just the webapp being stopped, not the whole server?

Try stopping just the webapp, then take a thread dump of Tomcat to see if the quartz threads
are really still there.  If they are, then the shutdown logic in the listener isn't working.

> And the configuration is the only one on this PC, Tomcat 6.0.26
> using JVM 1.6.0_21-b07. I'm using JDK 1.6.0_21.

IDEs have a nasty habit of substituting their own Tomcat and webapp configurations rather
than using the ones you think you've set up.  You won't find additional Tomcat or JDK installations,
just behavior that's not consistent with what you configured.

 - Chuck