tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat memory leak error launching web app in NetBeans 6.9.1
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 14:30:13 GMT
> From: Martin O'Shea [mailto:appy74@dsl.pipex.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat memory leak error launching web app in NetBeans 6.9.1

> I have NetBeans's Deploy on Save set. This seems to restart
> the server with the current objects.

No, it restarts the webapp, not the server.

> But what I don't understand is why the ServletContextListener
> which handles Quartz jobs should be going wrong?

Time to add some debugging info to it and find out.  Is your ServletContextListener even being
called?  Are you really running the configuration you think you are?  (IDEs tend to obfuscate
the situation, which is why a lot of us will not attempt to run Tomcat under an IDE.)

> And I wonder if this may have anything to do with the Tomcat
> out of memory messages I've been receiving?

Sounds like a separate topic for a separate thread.

 - Chuck