tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Disable class monitoring for reloading container classes
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 19:57:06 GMT
> From: Jane Muse [mailto:JMuse@aldon.com]
> Subject: RE: Disable class monitoring for reloading container classes

> Here's my context.xml:
>
> <!-- WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource -->

That may not be illegal syntax for XML, but it certainly is confusing.  Better to do this:

  <!--
   -->

> We are not defining our webapps context file in META-INF/context.xml.
> It is outside the CATALINA_BASE, in a separate directory that contains
> the War file, the context file and a conf directory for the webapp.

See below for your self-contradictory statement.

> Here's the contents of the <webapp>.xml file:

Which is located where?

>  ************Beginning of data**************
> <Context
>  docBase="<webapp_dir>>/>webapp>.war"
>  path="<webapp>"
>  reloadable="false">
> </Context>

That's even more confusing and definitely not valid syntax, as well as having an illegal path
attribute.

> "<webapp>" is the name of the webapp directory in
> <catalina_base>/webapps/<webapp>.

So is your webapp in <catalina_base>/webapps or not?

 - Chuck