tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Upgrading point releases
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 22:06:32 GMT
> From: Debbie Shapiro [mailto:DShapiro@cardiacscience.com]
> Subject: Upgrading point releases

> Is there somewhere that someone can refer me for upgrade
> instructions when going from 7.0.0 to 7.0.2, for example?

Not really, since such an upgrade should border on the trivial.  But in the special case where
no releases for a major level have reached the stable stage, there's a somewhat larger chance
of incompatible changes being introduced in a dot level.  Once a stable version is released,
the chance of that is practically nil, unless some security-related fix dictates otherwise.

> Is it always a full installation and then moving pertinent
> web application files into the new installation?

Pretty much.  Safest to install in a different directory than your current Tomcat one so you
have a quick fallback if something goes awry.  You will have to update conf/*.xml files with
any site-specific changes, and insure that your startup scripts and/or services know about
the new location.

 - Chuck

Debbie Shapiro
Data Warehouse Manager
Cardiac Science Corporation * 3303 Monte Villa Parkway, Bothell, WA
98021
Office: 425.402.2233

Cardiac Science [NASDAQ: CSCX] provides defibrillation, ECG, stress,
rehab, and Holter devices that connect to EMR and HIS systems. Ask for
our Burdick(r), HeartCentrix(r), Powerheart(r), and Quinton(r) products,
services, supplies - and about our new products!

Visit our frequently updated blog at http://cardiacscience.com/blog