tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Deploy Dynamic Contexts
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 12:33:57 GMT
> From: Rob Gregory [mailto:Rob.Gregory@ibsolutions.com]
> Subject: Deploy Dynamic Contexts

> I have a requirement to be able to ship a single application.war
> file and create multiple contexts from this without manually using
> the manager application

So use the manager app automatically.  Whatever you choose as the trigger for deployment can
call the non-GUI version of the manager app, or use any other mechanism to copy and rename
the .war file of interest.  No servlets need to be extended.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/deployer-howto.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html

 - Chuck