tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 6.0 bottleneck
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 12:08:17 GMT
> From: mamalacation [mailto:mamalacation@hotmail.com]
> Subject: tomcat 6.0 bottleneck

> From what I understand is that my system has still adequate free physical
> resources, sql server is not being pushed and the bottleneck comes from
> tomcat, where I have no clue what to tune.

Pretty much guaranteed that it's not Tomcat but your webapp that is locking itself out of
access to some resource (such as the database).  Take several thread dumps during the slowdown
period and see what's going on.

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Performance_and_Monitoring

BTW, tell us the *exact* Tomcat version, and the JVM level you're running on.

 - Chuck