tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dwight, August" <August.Dwi...@railinc.com>
Subject RE: warning: Setting property 'source' [...] did not find a matching property.
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:23:59 GMT
Well, problem solved.

As I mentioned, the warning disappeared when I got rid of the source attribute in my <Context>
element.  My real problem, where Tomcat didn't seem to be publishing my web project, appears
to have been caused at least partly by Eclipse adding the src/main/webapp folder to the Java
build path.  I could have sworn that I checked for this earlier, but either I didn't actually
check or else there was another factor which I never properly identified but somehow fixed
at some point.

-August

-----Original Message-----
From: Dwight, August
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:23 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: warning: Setting property 'source' [...] did not find a matching property.

catalina.*.log and localhost.*.log are both clean.

> What does Tomcat's manager app say about the state of your webapp?
>
> What happens when you run Tomcat by itself, not under Eclipse?

When I run Tomcat by itself, my app works the way it should, and Manager says it's running.

Another reason not to > run Tomcat under Eclipse.

If there's a convenient way to do all of the things I need to do without running Tomcat through
Eclipse, I'd be happy to try it.  I never found a good setup for external Tomcat that gave
me satisfactory debugging and delta publishing options.

This is good advice in general, and something I will try to do from now on.  I moved the <Context>
elements out of server.xml and into META-INF/context.xml, and everything seems to be working
properly.  However, it did not solve my original problem.

I hope to have more time tomorrow to take a more thorough look at what is and isn't happening
when I start this server, and why.  Thanks for your help and suggestions.

-August

in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information
and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.