tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Late start of context
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:20:22 GMT
On 10/28/2010 11:04 AM, Pedro Rodrigo Cardiel wrote:
> El jue, 28-10-2010 a las 09:46 -0500, Caldarale, Charles R escribió:
>
>> What do you expect to happen when requests arrive for the non-started webapp during
the delay period?

> Tomcat returns the same as when you stop an application
>

>> Generally, any synchronization with external events that the webapp may require is
entirely the responsibility of the webapp.  You can possibly achieve what you want with some
external script that interfaces with the Tomcat manager app (text, not GUI, version) to start
and stop a webapp.

> The thing is that there are several heavy applications (the tomcat I
> have to throw with 2.7 GB of memory) that usually start badly. But if I
> re-launched by hand one by one then they are loaded properly.  So I want
> to put time between tomcat start an application and again tomcat.

In that case, you might consider writing a simple app that uses timers
to sequence the startup and shutdown of your various apps.