tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Source Address based Realms
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 07:55:06 GMT
Aggarwal, Ajay wrote:
> bump... looking for ideas... anybody?

If the question finally is "..without using *container-based*
authentication/authorisation", then have a look at

http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/

There is good explanation of the difference between the "container-based" and
"filter-based" approach to AAA, and maybe it already offers what you want.

Another good place to look would be

http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

which is not properly-speaking an authentication filter, but which may help in your purpose.

Both of these are open-source, so it should not be very hard to add the functionality you

want, if it is not there already.