tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Source Address based Realms
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:01:15 GMT
Aggarwal, Ajay wrote:
> I need to treat my clients differently depending on where they came
> from. I need to trust all requests coming locally (i.e. from
> and not require them to authentication. However all
> external requests need to go through authentication. Is there a way to
> configure Realms in Tomcat to accommodate this?
> Is there another way to achieve this, i.e. without using Realms or
> missing valve/filters with Realms?
Maybe phrasing the problem in a different way would throw another light on the issue :

You want to automatically authenticate requests coming from a given IP (or IP range), for

example by authenticating them as user "local", and not do this for other requests, which

then would have to go through a normal authentication.

Since I am more familiar with Apache httpd than with Tomcat, I will ask if by any chance
you are already fronting Tomcat with another webserver ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message