tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.29 - Windows Service - JMX
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 19:05:15 GMT
On 18/10/2010 19:11, Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX wrote:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/monitoring.html
>
> Adding JMX to Tomcat 6.0.29 and starting with the startup.bat will add a Tomcat icon
and show the process ID, under the Local connection, when launching jvisualvm.exe

> Adding JMX to Tomcat via the tomcat6w.exe doesn't display the Tomcat icon or the process
id in jvisualvm.exe, and I have to add the JXM connection myself.

> What is the difference?  How do I configure the tomcat6w.exe to show the icon and process
id in jvisualvm.exe?

Maybe VisualVM recognises tomcat6.exe and assigns the icon.  I'm not
sure there's anything in Tomcat which designates an icon like this.