tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: How to configuration rails upload directory in tomcat?
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:24:48 GMT
On 18/10/2010 18:11, Ray Sun wrote:
> My basic requirement is upload and show image.
> I use rails on jruby and warble package the project as war on windows. In
> rails, I set my upload directory as '#{Rails.root}/public/data/users'. And
> it works on common rails light server like webrick. But after I deployed to
> tomcat, the 'public' disappear.

It disappears from the filing system, or from the path?

> All the files under public went to the parent directory of WEB-INF.

That would be the webapp directory.  Can you illustrate this with a full
path?

Can you detail your exact Tomcat, Java & OS versions please?
How have you configured the Host in server.xml?

> And after the server started, the rails function can't find the path.
> Then I tried to move my 'data' directory back to WEB-INF, but the url
> doesn't work.

Why would you move it to WEB-INF?

> I tried to create link in windows. But it still not works.
> Can anybody suggestion some work around to do this? Thanks.

Uploading files to the webapp directory isn't a good strategy, because
the contents may be lost when you reload the application.

Specifying a full path is more sensible.  You could then map that
directory into the application path's URL namespace, by defining a dummy
application which serves that path/directory.