tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Re-direct
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:56:36 GMT
On 18/10/2010 06:57, Richard da Silva wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an IDM (Identity Manager) instance running on an Apache Tomcat Server.
>
> My Tomact version is  : 6.0.18

The current release is 6.0.29.  Time to think about an upgrade.

> The http address which activates my IDM application is in the format :
>
> https://idm.my.org/idm
>
> The thing is : if the address is accidentally written as follows ---  https://idm.my.org
 ---- then the Apache Tomcat Main Page is displayed.

You've left the default apps installed.

> Normally, this means nothing, and would not bother me. Except that, there might be some
security concerns involved in directing using to the Server Main Menu.

I don't know what you mean by the last part of that statement.

> My question is :  how can I configure the Tomcat to automatically RE-DIRECT to the appropriate
webpage ?

> In other words :  if  someone enters "https://idm.my.org", they will be auto-directed
to "https://idm.my.org/idm"

You can either rename the idm.war (or directory 'idm') to ROOT.war (or
'ROOT') and make it the default application, operating on:

 https://idm.my.org/

or, you can add a new ROOT application which contains a JSP or
index.html which performs a simple redirect.

The former is easier.