tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat memory leak error launching web app in NetBeans 6.9.1
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:33:17 GMT
On 16/10/2010 15:24, Martin O'Shea wrote:
> OK. So the error is happening as the application is closed, not as it started. My mistake.
But Tomcat restarts occur frequently as I have NetBeans's Deploy on Save set. This seems to
restart the server with the current objects.

> But what I don't understand is why the ServletContextListener which handles Quartz jobs
should be going wrong? It is set to start and stop Quartz at contextInitialized and contextDestroyed
times where the former creates an instance of a SchedulerController class which submits the
two jobs.

Is the Quartz lib the latest version?

> This problem never appeared to happen under NetBeans 6.9 with an earlier version of Tomcat
which I was using recently.

The memory leak detection was released in 6.0.24.  So the problem might
have existed, you just might not have known about it.

> And I wonder if this may have anything to do with the Tomcat out of memory messages I've
been receiving? Do I need to increase the memory allocated to the JVM for Tomcat at all?

Some of the detection just results in a log message, some of it results
in a message and an attempt to clean up.