tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Kn├╝mann ...@business-code.de>
Subject What is the lifecycle of the apache tribes channel?
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:45:57 GMT
  Hi,

I'm using apache tribes for messaging between nodes within a cluster. My
implementation bases on the quickstart example that is part of the
related documentation.
At the moment there is Context Listener that starts the communication
like this:

   myChannel = new GroupChannel();

     this.msgListener = msgListener;
     this.mbrListener = mbrListener;

     //attach the listeners to the channel
     myChannel.addMembershipListener(mbrListener);
     myChannel.addChannelListener(msgListener);

     //start the channel
     myChannel.start(Channel.DEFAULT);

This is a singleton instance and is used for sending messages the whole
lifecycle of my webapplication.
I don't like this singleton and I'm wondering if it is possible to start
the channel everytime I need to send a message?

with kind regards
     Michael