tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: lock session in distributed environment
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:37:53 GMT
Roman Makurin wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> I have an app which rely on session locking and its key
> point here. Everything work on single tomcat instance,
> but its completly broken in distributed env. So i want to
> know is there any way to get my app working without
> complete redesing? I need lock all incoming requests
> untill business logic will be done, this lock must be
> available on all nodes in cluster.
>
> any advise?

Yes.  Since about 100 years, it is know that the speed of light is the absolute speed
limit in the Universe, and that consequently the concept of "simultaneity" is a fallacy.
Thus if your application is such that it would rely on something being "simultaneously"
available on different servers to stop something from happening, then your application is

badly designed, and no external mechanism is going to be able to fix that.