tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:26:27 GMT
On 14/10/2010 18:04, Bernard Bondar wrote:
> You're right, it's Windows 2003 server.  Not sure which download - any suggestions?
You say I can install new alongside old wouldn't there be some type of conflict?

Please respond to the list.

The .zip contains the server installer script as well.

If you're trying to install Tomcat as a Windows service, (rather than
using the .bat files to start it) you'll need to uninstall the old
service reference before installing the service reference for the new
one, or use a different name.

If you're not installing Tomcat as a service, just do the next bit.

Unzip the download in directory alongside the old one.

> Thanks,
> Bernard

I just install on top of it?

> Umm, probably not such a good idea.
>
> Depending on the OS & download you're using (you didn't say), you can install the
new version alongside the old one.