tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: unable to access comm ports on apache tomcat 6.0.18
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:24:53 GMT
On 11/10/2010 08:47, ramkumar wrote:
> hi,
>     Thank you for the response. I am sure that no other programs using the
> port.I am suspecting that Tomcat not loading the jar file. I got same error
> while using the api coomons.fileupload for uploading the files to server.I
> put the all the required jar files in my project.But it is telling that
> "Class not found".Tell me if u have any idea.

Well, in the former case, some class in javax.comm is throwing a
PortInUseException.

The latter case may be a separate problem.

Are you deploying a .war file to Tomcat?

If so, exactly how are you doing that?

Please remove all of the comments & any passwords from your server.xml
(this is important) and post it, inline in an email, here.

How are you starting Tomcat, a script file?  If so which one?