tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: unable to access comm ports on apache tomcat 6.0.18
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 14:31:04 GMT
Pid wrote:
> On 09/10/2010 06:14, efftronics wrote:
>> Hi , I installed apache tomca 6.0.18 sucessfully.
>
> Why such an old version?
>
>> In some web application i want to write data to comm port, but my application returning
>> "java.io.exception : unable to open port : com1".i sucessfully installed
>> java communication api. it it working for other normal java application only
>> with applications deployed on apache tomcat i am getting this problem.
>> please help me.
>>
>>  SerialComm com1 = new SerialComm(null ,"com1");
>>  com1.setBitRate("115200");
>>  com1.open; // here i am getting exception
>
> That doesn't really help me understand the problem.  Perhaps you could
> post the full stacktrace?
>
> Which OS are you using?
>
> What's the exact JVM version?

It is not only Tomcat which sounds old here.
Apparently, the OP is trying to open a serial COM1: port of a PC and write to it.
I have not heard of this kind of thing for many years, and I am surprised that Java would

even have an API for it.

efftronics,
what exception are you getting ? can you paste the stack trace here ?

This may be a case of Security Manager interference, no ?