tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: Disable class monitoring for reloading container classes
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 15:07:11 GMT

On 10/7/2010 5:52 PM, Pid wrote:
>> If the above logic is the actual implementation, then the only time
>> you'd have a problem is when you've deployed a webapp during the window
>> covered by the DST-clock-setback. For instance, if the clock goes from
>> 02:00 early Sunday morning to 00:00 early Sunday morning, then you
>> should only experience some kind of confusion if you deploy between
>> 00:00 and 02:00 the first time through early on Sunday morning.
> +1 actually. Logical.

I browsed the code and it looks like the reload-check is done in the
WebappClassLoader.modified() method which you can find in here for
Jane's specific version:

Technically speaking, the modification date isn't checked against the
context startup date.... it's checked against the last modified date
that was recorded by the ClassLoader. That makes sense because you might
have a JAR file that's been updated but the timestamp is still in the past.

In either case, this seems weird.

Jane, if you increase your logging level to DEBUG, you should be able to
see the modified() method being called, and it should tell you what
resource is triggering the reload in the webapp's log file.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: