tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: apache-tomcat-6.0.29 will not start with more then 1024mb memory assigned - windows
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 12:32:26 GMT
Hans Magne Helland wrote:
>> So you would need 64 Bit versions of those libraries which are coming from
>> BMC. I would be interested in the info whether they exist as well :)
>
> I now run ARS 7.6, with the newest Mid-Tier 7.6 on my test server and
> it runs with 64 bit Java :)
>
> But now it uses a lot of CPU. Googled it, and saw people having
> CPU-usage issues with ESX Vmware and Tomcat. Is this a known thing?

As a bit of an outsider, I'd tell you that the CPU and RAM usage are a known thing, not
particularly with Vmware or Tomcat, but with anything Java.
The switch to 64-bit merely seems to double it.

But the guys on this list are all Java freaks, so they would probably not understand what

we're talking about.  Or else they do, and they all have shares in Intel and Kingston.
:-)

On the serious side : I have several virtual servers running Tomcat under Vmware Server
(not ESX), and I did not notice anything particular about their CPU or RAM usage, as
compared to physical servers.  Only the same thing. :-)