tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Orthuber <orthu...@kfo-zmk.uni-kiel.de>
Subject experience with Windows 7
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 08:29:34 GMT
  The following experience may be interesting for installation of Tomcat
on Windows 7 (64 Bit): First I installed jdk1.6.0_20 and then
apache-tomcat-6.0.29.exe on a Windows XP (32 Bit) system and there were
no problems. Then I installed the same combination on a Windows 7 (64
Bit) System, but Tomcat didn’t start, in the log there was the message:
javajni.c] [error] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
I made some experiments and copied the Tomcat directory from Windows XP
(32 Bit) directly over the Tomcat directory of Windows 7 (64 Bit). Then
Tomcat started also on Windows 7.

Wolfgang