tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject tomcat connector issue with Sun Web Server 7.0.
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 21:10:50 GMT
 Hi all,
We have a configuration where we use the tomcat connector with the Sun
Java System Web Server and I'm noticing an unusual behavior that I've
not noticed with Apache and mod_jk.

When making a request to a URL such as
http://host/webapp/dir/

In apache, the underlying request is made as:
REQ:GET /webapp/dir/

In the Sun Java System Web Server, the underlying request to tomcat gets
the default directory index file added to it, so the AJP get looks like:
REQ:GET /webapp/dir/index.html

Anyone have any idea if it's possible make the SJSWS web server NOT
attempt to add the index.html on to the end of resource when passing the
request over to tomcat via AJP?

Thanks,
Andy