tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bernard Bondar <bbon...@nyit.edu>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:20:49 GMT
Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 4:17 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question

> From: Bernard Bondar [mailto:bbondar@nyit.edu]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.5 -6.0 Upgrade Question

> forgot, what about a webapp (which I currently have) that is under 5.5?

You can usually just copy it over to the new Tomcat's appBase directory (usually named webapps).
 As mentioned before, make sure that any <Context> element for it is in the webapp's
META-INF/context.xml file, not in conf/server.xml, and also remove the path and docBase attributes,
if present.  (If that makes the <Context> element empty, just delete it.)

Look at the webapps that are distributed with Tomcat for examples.

 - Chuck