tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mamalacation <mamalacat...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 6.0 bottleneck
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 13:27:32 GMT

n828cl,

n828cl wrote:

> Pretty much guaranteed that it's not Tomcat but your webapp that is
> locking itself out of access to some resource (such as the database).
> Take several thread dumps during the slowdown period and see what's going
> on.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Performance_and_Monitoring
>
> BTW, tell us the *exact* Tomcat version, and the JVM level you're running
> on.

as far as the version as concerned:

Tomcat Version:  6.0.26
JVM Version : 1.6.0_20-b02
JVM Vendor : Sun Microsystems Inc.

I will look at the links you proposed to see what's going on with my
webapps, but I am pretty sure that there must be some limit somewhere that I
can't see.

Where can I set the database options regarding timouts, pool size,
max_database_connections, etc?

thanx again,

mamalos