tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pedro Rodrigo Cardiel <prod...@unizar.es>
Subject RE: Late start of context
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:04:17 GMT
El jue, 28-10-2010 a las 09:46 -0500, Caldarale, Charles R escribió:

> What do you expect to happen when requests arrive for the non-started webapp during the
delay period?

Tomcat returns the same as when you stop an application

> Generally, any synchronization with external events that the webapp may require is entirely
the responsibility of the webapp.  You can possibly achieve what you want with some external
script that interfaces with the Tomcat manager app (text, not GUI, version) to start and stop
a webapp.

The thing is that there are several heavy applications (the tomcat I
have to throw with 2.7 GB of memory) that usually start badly. But if I
re-launched by hand one by one then they are loaded properly.  So I want
to put time between tomcat start an application and again tomcat.

Pedro Rodrigo Cardiel
Dpto. de Informática e Ingenierí­a de Sistemas - Universidad de Zaragoza
C/ Marí­a de Luna 1, 50018 Zaragoza, Spain
Tel:    +34 976 762134
e-mail: prodrig@unizar.es

Grupo IAAA - http://iaaa.cps.unizar.es