tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin O'Shea" <app...@dsl.pipex.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat memory leak error launching web app in NetBeans 6.9.1
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 20:34:21 GMT
This answers a few questions. I thought also that I had the most recent version of Quartz running
but I only have version 1.6.1. They are up to 1.8.3 so I will try this out.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
Sent: 16 Oct 2010 17 33
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat memory leak error launching web app in NetBeans 6.9.1

On 16/10/2010 15:24, Martin O'Shea wrote:
> OK. So the error is happening as the application is closed, not as it started. My mistake.
But Tomcat restarts occur frequently as I have NetBeans's Deploy on Save set. This seems to
restart the server with the current objects.

> But what I don't understand is why the ServletContextListener which handles Quartz jobs
should be going wrong? It is set to start and stop Quartz at contextInitialized and contextDestroyed
times where the former creates an instance of a SchedulerController class which submits the
two jobs.

Is the Quartz lib the latest version?

> This problem never appeared to happen under NetBeans 6.9 with an earlier version of Tomcat
which I was using recently.

The memory leak detection was released in 6.0.24.  So the problem might have existed, you
just might not have known about it.

> And I wonder if this may have anything to do with the Tomcat out of memory messages I've
been receiving? Do I need to increase the memory allocated to the JVM for Tomcat at all?

Some of the detection just results in a log message, some of it results in a message and an
attempt to clean up.