tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Diedler <adied...@tecracer.de>
Subject AW: Tomcat & IIS - Understanding Context definition to access Webapps
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:35:46 GMT
Hello,
The target should be, to have the possibillity to restart every webapp through the Tomcat
Manager. So for my understanding I have to map every App als path="/appname" in the context
file.

In your configuration, I have to open for every App a dedicated manager to restart them?
I will test your suggestions tomorrow in my lab.

Greetings
Alexander

Von: Pid [pid@pidster.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 13. September 2010 23:15
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: Tomcat & IIS - Understanding Context definition to access Webapps

On 12/09/2010 22:09, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Wesley Acheson [mailto:wesley.acheson@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat & IIS - Understanding Context definition to access Webapps
>
>>> I create in conf/Catalina/localhost a new file called webSiteA.xml with this
content:

>> try creating it in conf/Catalina/webSiteA
>
> Need to be more explicit; the file must be named ROOT.xml (case sensitive), in the above
directory.

>>> <Context path="/" reloadable="true" docBase="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SiteA"
>>> distributable="true">
>
>> The path element will be ignored.
>
> It's not valid at all when the <Context> element is in the above location.  (For
what it's worth, the value specified is completely illegal; a plain slash is never used.)
 Also, there is no distributable attribute for <Context>, so get rid of that as well.

Also, be wary of publishing any part of this URL directly via IIS:

 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SiteA

Any config errors and your app components are exposed.