tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Diedler <adied...@tecracer.de>
Subject Tomcat & IIS - Understanding Context definition to access Webapps
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:12:06 GMT
Hello,
I think I have a little issue in my configuration of the webserver. I have a Windows 2003
Webserver with IIS and Tomcat Connector and two webapps, that should be delivered through
the IIS. But I only get the default "Welcome Site" from Tomcat.

In my Tomcat 6.0.26 I have a Webapp A. It´s content is on C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SiteA
I define in the server.xml in the Engine:
---
<!-- www.websiteA.de -->
      <Host name="webSiteA">
      		<Alias>www.websiteA.de</Alias>
                <Alias>www.websiteAandmore.de</Alias>
	</Host>
---

I create in conf/Catalina/localhost a new file called webSiteA.xml with this content:
---
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context path="/" reloadable="true" docBase="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SiteA" distributable="true">
<Resource name="jdbc/jTDS"
               auth="Container"
               type="javax.sql.DataSource"
maxActive="100"
maxIdle="30"
maxWait="10000"
username="datauser"
password="XXXXXX"
removeAbandoned="true"
removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
logAbandoned="true"
driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433/xxx_xxxxxxxx;charset=UTF-8;"
/>
</Context>
---
After Startup the tomcat, in the conf/Catalina Directory, a new directory "WebSiteA appears
with a host-manager.xml and manager.xml
In the Tomcat Web Application Manager-App (http://localhost:8080/manager/html) I can see a
new Application /webSiteA and If i go to http://localhost:8080/webSiteA I got the content
of the Webapp. Everything is fine.

But it seems, that the redirected requests from the IIS doesn´t have the right Header value
and Tomcat doesn´t know where to redirect the request.
Is my configuration ok or is there an issue or is it not the "best practise" for hosting many
webapps on one Server?

Greetings
Alexander